Tuesday, February 2, 2021

 Having been away for several weeks following the loss of my dear husband, Howard, I was going through some things that had been gathered up by my thoughtful family. Pulling  something from a basket, I realized it was one of Howard's guitar straps! The words, "I AM BLESSED" were professionally stitched along the strap which he wore with his guitar.  How well I remember several years ago when he also had the letters "ONE OF THEM" put on another guitar strap which he enjoyed while singing and making videos.

What a treasure! I had not a dry eye when I found this remembrance he enjoyed so much. Now when I look at his many spiritual videos sharing the Word of God in messages of song and story, I am so glad he made them. It was always a pleasure to be his videographer and assistant in selecting the messages. How I love to look at them now!

All my children's families were so hospitable, taking me into their homes and comforting me in my great loss of 62 years of marriage, not counting the five years of youth and "dating." (As a youth, my friends and I were always waiting until Howard finished praying at the altar so we could run around!) He was always a great example. 

Well, I can only say, "I Am Blessed" for the years the Lord gave us, and in Heaven I am sure Howard is "One of Them"!

By Thelma (Mrs. Howard) Summers



No comments:

Post a Comment