Sunday, February 14, 2021

 Where could Howard's black guitar be? I had searched high and low when I came back from extended stays with family after my husband's funeral.  It was just so strange that the instrument had disappeared. I couldn't imagine what happened to it. Until today!

My daughter, Julie, had just found out that my son, Greg, had offered our grandson, Zack, the guitar to take home to Mississippi with him! Well, that is fine with me, because I know Zach enjoys the instrument and uses it to help in his ministry.

When I remember all the video programs we did with Howard playing on different guitars, looking up scriptures and reading them to his audiences, then singing his favorite hymns, I know sometimes it was with the black guitar.

It is hard to give away my dear husband's possessions, but I know he would be happy for loved ones to have them. I have just decided that instead of giving away some of his wardrobe, my daughter and I are going to make a quilt stitched in place with his favorite shirts. I know I will cherish the quilt, always reminding me of the covering, care, and support for our family that was brought up in the "fear and admonition of the Lord!" No doubt our loved one is strumming strings on musical instruments of guitars or harps in Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment