Tuesday, February 16, 2021

In Retrospect

I wear his robe. I wear his pajamas. I wear his pull-over and I sleep on his pillow. The bed is so big and empty on his side. I usually arose first, then called him to breakfast, which he loved.  It was routinely his choice of eggs and sausage, and always coffee. Then it was time with his Bible, the Bible I now carry to church and treasure so much.

My husband's daily routine was to go through his check register, keeping it up to date and leaving room for all the several causes he supported: Samaritans Purse, Guidepost, Light for the Lost, Compassion Ministry, TBN and many others, of course including our local church.

Beyond that, Howard kept a daily planner which I looked through today. Dating back a little, I saw he had noted from time on the farm: Get hog today. Buy pig water trough. Call Eddie.(His handy man.) Dr. Lance Walnau. and others. This little booklet is precious to me.

I think back to the time we lived in Oklahoma and often walked through the beautiful park near our house. Once snow was covering the walkway, but we trudged through it anyway. The next day, we went back and followed in our own footsteps frozen in the snow.  Howard's earthly footsteps have left a legacy to family and friends, a legacy to follow.




No comments:

Post a Comment