Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Video Treasures

 Video Treasures

I'm so glad we decided to record videos of Howard singing, playing the guitar and giving a Bible message to all several years ago. I don't remember if it was my idea, or his, but we both worked together to accomplish it.
I do remember printing the words on large copy paper, being sure to make them legible to be read from his position.
It was Howard's pleasure to look up relevant passages in the Word and read them intermittently, between the strums on his guitar giving encouraging, up-beat, scriptures to his audience.
I still love going back to hear his messages and outreach to many. There were 100+ plus videos that we made. I can only believe that it was when his health began to fail that he put down the guitar for a time.
Doctor's visits showed necessary heart surgery, followed by a month of recuperation in the hospital. Thankfully I was allowed to stay there, too, and assist in his care when he came home. Several years of improved health followed. He especially enjoying tending farm animals and the country side where our son, Greg, lived.
I still miss him dearly, but I am thankful for the many years (62) that we had together. He may not be playing a guitar up there, but it might be a harp!
What a venue to spread the Word as my dear husband

No comments:

Post a Comment