Sunday, February 21, 2021

Mountain Moments

 Glaciers! White mountains surrounding our drive, looking like floating, frozen ships at an altitude of 7,000 feet! I had seen snow on the mountain tops before, but not an all encompassing frigid panorama of ice all around us!

 What a difference a day makes! After the gloom of frost, snow pellets, and icy, misty rains, the clear, sunny weather was an invitation to explorations of a neighboring town.  The scenery route was gorgeous,  hills and valleys giving way to fields carpeted in green spreading over pastures where livestock grazed.

Arriving at our destination, I recalled being there before, a few years ago when my husband, Howard, was with us. At a Hobby Lobby store there, I found a charming wall decor, a painting of a country church with an artistic scroll of the word, Gather in the foreground. Since Howard approved, I bought it and it is hanging on our wall still.

After exploring shops and bargains, our hunger got the best of us, requiring a delicious lunch served car-side in styro-foam trays. The picturesque ride home made me hope that my dear one was looking on from heaven, the best view of all.





No comments:

Post a Comment