Friday, February 5, 2021

 Finally! The blue sky is showing through the puffy, white clouds! After being snowed in all week-end and more, it is so refreshing to feel the breezes and seeing the undergrowth peeking up above the soil. Spring has got to come sometime, but I will hold my breath for now!

As I sit in my late husband, Howard's, office room, I look around and find memories of him that touch my heart. Ironically, just a few months before his health failed, he was determined to write a news letter to friends and family, which encompassed over 50 letters, entitled "AS I See IT".
In it he shared his 82 years lifetime, all the ups and downs, dangers and successes. I'm so thankful to have copies of the letter which are no doubt cherished by the families of our six children, other congregants of the churches he served, and his fellow man,
lifetime friends, and those who loved and appreciated his ministry
of the Gospel.
As I sit in his room, I am surrounded by his racks of clothes so dear to me. The time will come soon that I will have to find homes for them, given in the realization and hopefully appreciation of the giant of a man who wore them!

No comments:

Post a Comment