Sunday, February 7, 2021

 It'sno joke! It's Narnia outside! I woke up and looked out the window to see a landscape of every tree, twig and branch coated in white, and every car, vehicle, or yard machine covered in a thick blanket of white!

The predicted snow had come softly in the night, since we had gone to bed and decided the weather wasn't going to come through. What a surprise! And so beautiful! Phone calls were alerted that there would be no church service today!
Thankfully we had stocked up on provender yesterday! I even bought a rotisserie chicken which I sampled as soon as I got home! So delicious, and I will probably enjoy it for lunch today!
Earlier, while it was still dark, I thought I recognized a mottled covering on the window, and by the time I got up it was more pronounced than ever. Opening the door, I caught my breath at nature's beauty.
It is definitely a winter wonderland outside with the tangle of every tree's twigs, branches and crooked limbs laden with a blanket of white. I am reminded of a scripture in the Bible referring to lilies, but also reads: "And yet I say to you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." These snow flakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment