Thursday, February 11, 2021

 After the services of my dear husband and several gatherings of families, our kids decided that I was to be brought to their various homes in Georgia, Texas, Houston, and Oklahoma for several weeks. Their loving hospitality was a helpful distraction to my sadness, even though my pillow was damp every night.


Getting back to Tennessee recently, I stumbled onto some notebooks Howard had kept that I hadn't noticed before. I pulled them out today and saw his heart in the many scriptures he noted:

"No weapon formed against thee will prosper.." Isaiah 54:17.

"Blessed be the Lord who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation." Psalms 68:"The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it." Proverbs 10:22.

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, honest, just and pure, if there be any virtue, of good report, think on these things." Philippians 4:8.

I had to laugh when I saw he said, "I think things about my six kids! Benjamin, our youngest son, Pastors in Houston, TX. Mark, our oldest son, Pastors in Austin, Texas. Trevor, who travels for the Dept. of Education, teaching Government Law in colleges, universities, and even over seas.

Son Greg is an inspector of refineries far and wide. Julie, or oldest daughter, is a Pastor's wife, artist and writer. Amy, our youngest daughter, is a heart cath nurse in Georgia for over 20 years, and have helped saved many lives."

He finishes by saying that we are at a very difficult time in our lives, due to health problems. True, but our memories will abide forever!






Philippians

No comments:

Post a Comment