Monday, October 22, 2018

Right Angle

A fork was stuck sideways in the utensil rack of the dishwasher. Try as I might, I couldn't get it out! I gave up and just didn't notice it anymore. Then the other day I was removing silverware from the basket I had put on the counter. Picking it up, I tilted the basket, and presto! the fork fell out effortlessly!

That's all it took! Just moving it to a different angle! How many times can we solve a problem by looking at it from a different angle? I get in the habit of doing things the same way, then when I make a change, it is refreshing! Sometimes I get the urge to rearrange furniture, which can give me a whole new outlook!

When our youngest child, Benjamin, was little, he would get bored and often come to me and say, "Let's re-range!" It seemed to be his favorite thing to do, with his older siblings away at school or with friends.

When we get set in our ways, or in our way of thinking, it is often hard to see another's viewpoint. Or in solving that problem that seems to have no solution, it often helps to look at the situation from a different angle!

Jesus seemed to like original thinking. When the Canaanite woman needed her daughter to be healed, Jesus at first answered that it was not fair to take the children's bread and throw it to dogs. But she parried with, "Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master's table." Matthew 15:27. She looked at it from a different angle!

In Luke 7:7, Jesus was willing to go to the centurion's house to heal his servant, but the centurion had another thought--that Jesus could just speak the word and his servant would be healed, which he was!

These examples show great faith, which is always the right angle!






No comments:

Post a Comment