Friday, October 12, 2018

Communication

"Has anyone seen my phone?" I asked worriedly when we were at our son Jamie's house last week. I had already searched my purse, looked in every room I had been in, checked the car and every where else I could think of.

After Jamie thoroughly went through the car again to no avail, a dread thought surfaced. Did I leave it in some store? We had just returned from town, and Houston is pretty big!

I said ominously to Jamie, "Do you think I could have left it at Barnes and Noble (the last place we had visited)?"

"There's one way to find out," he said as he picked up the phone. Soon I was answering questions he relayed to me.

"What kind of phone is it?" to which I answered, "Android."

"Describe it." Black was all I could think of. "Sparkles?" Affirmative. "Hearts?" Yes, little hearts floating around in the cover.

"They have it." he said to my great relief!

But Barnes and Noble was many miles away! However, it turns out it's on the route they take to church, so we picked it up that evening.

But to lose my phone! My means of communication! Not to mention entertainment and source of information, let alone cost of replacement! However, there is One source of communication I can always rely on. Prayer!

Psalm 34:15 tells us, "The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry." And James 5:16 assures us that "The fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."

That is the communication I used that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment