Thursday, October 11, 2018

Baubles, Bangles, and Bright Shiny Beads!

I picked up my favorite accessory, and I was reminded once again that it was broken. The little hook that held one of the ornaments in place had been stretched and the necklace would fall off every time I put it on. I had had the piece for many years, having bought it at Macy's in Houston one Thanksgiving trip. Since my husband wasn't always available to fix it, I would just put it back in the jewelry box.

But this day, I thought, I will fix it myself! I found a pair of Howard's pliers, carefully placed it over the hook, shut my eyes and hoped for the best as I squeezed the handle. It worked! I couldn't believe I had fixed it, and now it doesn't come apart!

I happily put on the multi-colored long necklace that goes with almost everything I wear. Thank you, Lord! The scripture came to mind that says, "I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me," Philippians 4:13.

Actually, being creative and innovative is nothing new to me (or any other housewife, I suspect). We substitute in recipes, conceal sewing mistakes, and make something out of nothing in the kitchen! I remember the old adage that was said to be popular in depression days: "Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without!"

But better than a repaired necklace is to have "the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price." I Peter 3:4.
Amen!






No comments:

Post a Comment