Tuesday, October 16, 2018

A Friend in Need...

Listening intently to the radio news while Howard went in to Walmart for a few things, I heard a commotion and turned to see a stranger yanking at the locked door of the van! Must've mistaken it for their vehicle, I thought, and went back to the radio.

Then suddenly the door was open and people were putting bags in the back seat! I heard Howard being jovial and thanking them and sounding as if they were old friends.

"No thanks necessary," I heard a male voice say, "Your kind words were enough."

"What was that all about?" I questioned when my husband got in the van. He said he had asked the cashier whether he could take the handicap cart to the car with the groceries. The answer was no, due to several carts having been stolen lately. A family nearby heard the conversation and asked if he needed help. Nothing would do but they assisted him with the bags and loaded them in the van.

The Bible says that for a man to have friends, he must show himself friendly. Proverbs 18:24. Well, Howard is that, both to people he knows and those he doesn't know.

Philippians 2:4 advises, "Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others." I think that's what the other shoppers were doing when they noticed their neighbor's predicament!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment