Thursday, April 23, 2020

Roots

When my phone died awhile back, son Greg blessed me with a new, fancy phone that I am still getting used to! Maybe it's just me, but sometimes I still can't figure out some of it's quirks. Yesterday Greg called and was trying to instruct me on Face time calls, to no avail, until granddaughter Bethany showed up.

In no time, she clicked to the right feature, and I was immediately seeing our son! What a great discovery! Suddenly we were right at home in his house! How heart-warming to see his familiar kitchen, with grandson Adam coming in from an errand, and even the family pet, Pebbles, looking hale and hearty despite her 13 or 14 years and having lost her hearing!

Soon Greg was showing us his guitar room, with all his beloved instruments displayed on the wall of sturdy hooks attached firmly to a base.  Some guitars were unique in size and shape, and others he was working on to restore like new.

Today I see a picture of granddaughter, Beth, holding a pair of baby turkeys! Something tells me the place will soon be home to more critters, but what's a farm for? We loved being there when Greg and his dad raised pigs, chickens and a pasture full of goats!

It is beautiful here in Tennessee, but I can't help missing Oklahoma, "In the Oklahoma hills where I was born!"

No comments:

Post a Comment