Monday, April 6, 2020

From Ear to Ear

I never post two blogs in one day, but this is an exception. Getting the mail out of the box earlier today, I puzzled over a very large, manila envelope with a Texas postmark. Probably just something for teenage granddaughter Mackenzie, who is always sending off for things, I reasoned.

Then I saw the sender's name, addressed to us!   My son's wife, Tammy's, mom!  I couldn't imagine what was in the light-weight envelope and wasted no time to get it open.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw two professionally made, cloth face masks! One reversible brown and tan, the other forest green and tan, with of course elastic ear fasteners!

I didn't know if she had seen some of my posts about our wearing bandannas, or if she was just being her always generous, thoughtful self! I thought back to the time of Hurricane Katrina in 2005 when this lady sent bags of supplies, including first-aid items, medicines and other necessities to us and our daughter's family in Mississippi.

In no time at all, they sent a truck with a barrel of fuel for the vehicles, tools, flashlights and, if I remember right, a generator!  Tammy and Jamie had driven through the night from Houston, Texas to deliver the load to our devastated area and our daughter Amy's damaged property. We will never forget this.

Now it seems that we are undergoing something more devastating in a different way than Hurricane Katrina. Many are volunteering help in our medical community, and professionals are working madly to find a way to stop this plague.

Thank you, Deloris Shaw, for your thoughtful, helpful gesture. We will wear them!







No comments:

Post a Comment