Thursday, March 5, 2020

Repeat Performance

What? Again? My spouse looked at  me in alarm and said, "My car keys are gone!" How could that be?  This time, it wasn't his spare key, but those with other important keys on them!

Though frustrated, I began the search. Clothes hamper, nothing. Under and around bed. Not there. Remove sofa cushions from where we had sat watching TV the night before. Useless. Not only once did I do that, but later went through the routine again!

Re-checking pants pockets was futile. By this time, I had worked myself into a frenzy and was exhausted. Finally I gave up and collapsed on the sofa. Just then Howard came in with an incomprehensible look on his face. What now, I wondered.

"My keys were in my jeans pocket!" he announced flatly. The ones he was wearing!

Exasperated, I exclaimed, "How could that happen?" He explained they were in the bottom of the pocket under a packet of cards he carried.

"Would you like to go out to eat?" Howard offered as a consolation. No, I already had supper planned, and if we ate at home we could make it in time for church tonight.

We rarely get out after dark on the curvy roads, but the daylight was lasting a little longer now, so we got to church just in time. We were so glad we came, leaving refreshed and thoughtful of the pastor's message as well enjoying seeing friends.

The solar-powered light on our porch flashed on in greeting as Howard inserted the key in the door!                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment