Friday, March 13, 2020

Home Movie

I can't stop looking at a home movie that I had never seen! It was taken some 48 years ago when Howard and I were in our early thirties! The movie was no doubt made by my sister-in-law, Karolyn, who was concentrating on her little girl, Jennifer, featured in most of the shots and responsible for sharing this treasure!

I was amazed to see family members, bursting with youth, and my parents in good health and vigor! Daddy was energetically throwing snow balls like a kid, handsome and youthful looking, and the very picture of our own son, Mark,who is now in middle age!

Memories fade, and it was a while before I realized I was looking at my own children, the head of curly red hair unmistakingly on winsome little Trevor, sitting with handsome big brother Gregory! Then I noticed myself, holding a baby, then not realizing until I started to dress her, that it was my own baby daughter, Amy!

Seeing Mama in her kitchen wearing her apron brought back so many memories! Standing beside her at the kitchen sink was my beautiful, oldest sister, Christine, so young and vibrant. Sitting at the table was undoubtedly big sis Pauline, having a piece of pie, looking so youthful I at first didn't recognize her.

Astounding was how young and handsome and beautiful everyone looked! My brothers, Johnny, Jimmy and Bobby were there in the youth of life. I could easily recognize Howard, sitting on the sofa and dapper as usual. then a quick glimpse of young Mark wrestling around on the floor with cousins.

I just couldn't get over seeing so many loved ones, and others that I haven't even mentioned. I can't help but think of the glad reunions we will have in Heaven! No doubt everyone will be young and perfect then, including the precious ones who have passed away since the years of the home movie.

Thank you, Jennifer, for sharing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment