Sunday, March 29, 2020

Church!

Oh, no! I grumbled. Rain! It was thundering and pouring when I woke up early this morning. It would ruin our outside Drive-In service at church! The past several days had been gloriously filled with sunshine and balmy weather. Now this!

We went ahead with breakfast and began our routine of getting ready for church anyway.  Looking out awhile later, I was relieved to see that the rain was gone, clouds were scattered, and the air was pleasantly warm!

Hurriedly getting things prepared for lunch later, I filled my Instant Pot with a small roast, potatoes and carrots. I set the dial, and we left for church. Worried that we would be a little late, what with my lunch fixings, the smooth ride and beautiful drive soon calmed my mood. We drove into the church driveway only 5 minutes late!

What a pleasant scene we viewed of all the cars lined up in front of the church, folks sitting on tailgates, looking out car windows and people smilingly acknowledging us as we found a place to park. The music from the keyboard on the front patio and the inspiring worship leader made us welcome. The first joyful, inspirational selection was followed by two more  worshipful songs, enthusiastically received by faithful parishioners.

Soon the velvet offering bag was passed around by two youths, followed by appreciative remarks from our pastor before he gave  his message. What an inspiring atmosphere for the attentive congregation to enjoy! Everyone was thankful for the nice weather for the outside service, and it was obvious that all were enjoying this novel arrangement in automobiles.

Turns out that many other churches were having outside services, too!  As much as I enjoyed the internet services last Sunday, it was so refreshing to be there in person in the company of others of like precious faith. Makes me look forward to next Sunday!




No comments:

Post a Comment