Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Proceed with Caution!

"Cemetery. Plots Available." I read on a sign beside the cemetery near the hairpin curves we travel daily. A marker, or a warning? I take it as a warning. but for far too many, it is a destination.

Today we thought we were following directions to a shop I wanted to visit, but instead, we got hopelessly lost! Traffic was tricky as lanes joined or became part of other lanes on the super highways.

We finally made our way out and ended up on country roads that at last led to familiar territory . Evidently we had circled the city and eventually got home.  Thankfully, there had been no accidents or mishaps. Thank you, Jesus!

Little by little, we are getting acquainted with shopping areas and food stores and finding the people to be friendly and courteous, for the most part. Howard rarely passes up the opportunity to share a scripture card with clerks and cashiers or amiable strangers. One recipient let us know: "I am a Christian woman. I pray to Jesus every day and He is the most important thing in my life!" How refreshing and rewarding!

With time on his hands, my spouse has picked up the guitar again and is practicing songs.  Last night he was accompanied by a sweet granddaughter, and I must say that he sounded better than ever! I can see that I will soon become the videographer for his story/songs again, hopefully having something to pass down to posterity before we get any older! No plots for us just yet, other than plotting out his next song!

No comments:

Post a Comment