Saturday, September 14, 2019

Picture Perfect

"Howard, where is that packet of nails we bought?" I questioned, after looking all over the house for it. I had unearthed yet another family picture and found a perfect spot for it on the wall, but my nail search was to no avail! Determined to hang the photograph, I followed his directions no less than three times before I gave up in frustration.

My dilemma made me think of the verse that goes something like this,  "For want of a nail, a shoe was lost. For want of a shoe, a horse was lost. For want of a horse, a rider was lost. For want of a rider, a battle was lost."

The thought came to me later of  the three treacherous nails on the cross borne by our Savior, Jesus Christ.  For want of those nails, there would be no sacrifice.  For want of His sacrifice, there would be no forgiveness. For want of forgiveness, there would be no salvation. For want of salvation, mankind would be lost.

If my nails don't show up, I will buy more to hang the picture.  I love the design of it, with each photograph framed individually in an artistic layout. Time goes by so swiftly that in every photo each dear face is younger and blessed in memory.

Pictures are dear to us, but even more important is that we become a reflection of Jesus and present a life-style that would bear His image. The best picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment