Thursday, September 19, 2019

Necessity is the Mother of Invention!

The other day I needed a nail and I couldn't find one. Today I needed a hammer, and it was no where to be found. I was hanging some cute curtains in the bathroom, and not finding a hammer, I used the the thing that any enterprising house wife might use--the heel of a shoe!

The scripture in Genesis  3:15 came to mind where God says to the serpent in the garden, "I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed: it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."

This scripture refers to Jesus's crucifixion and the crown of thorns he bore. Although Jesus suffered for us, He will ultimately triumph over Satan and evil!

In Jesus's time, the footwear of the day was sandals. Sometimes they were strapped on with boot-like cords for work or soldiers. Deuteronomy 29:5 tells us, "I have led you forty years in the wilderness; your clothes have not worn out upon you, and your sandals have not worn off your feet."

I have several pairs of shoes, but certainly not as many as some. "Shoes are my weakness," I've often heard different ladies say. And no wonder! Shoes are plentiful, stylish and beautiful, as well as comfortable and rugged. There is no end to the popular brands of shoes for sport, exercise or walking.

John the Baptist was asked who he was, and he said of Jesus, "He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose." John 1:27.

I love sandals, but I prefer a hammer to drive a nail!

No comments:

Post a Comment