Saturday, September 28, 2019

Circus!

"Mimi, would you and Paw Paw like to go to a circus tomorrow?" our thoughtful granddaughter asked. "We have free tickets, and we go every year," she continued.

Circus?  Why, I hadn't been to a circus for over 50 years, the only time I'd ever seen one. Why not? I thought. The next day would be Saturday, and it might be fun. And it was!

"Lions and tigers, and bears, O my!" came to mind  from a ditty of long ago. Well, there were tigers, camels, llamas and even elephants! I had especially wanted to see elephants.

The great-grandkids  in tow loved the costumed comic book and movie characters, especially SPIDER MAN! Daring aerialists and tight-rope walkers kept me with my heart in my mouth at their death-defying whirls and plunges. Thankfully an inflated safety spot was in place just in case!

Vendors tantalized us with exorbitantly-priced snow cones, cotton candy, iced drinks and light-flashing gizmos to wave in the dark.

All in all, it was an entertaining couple of hours, and we appreciated the opening with prayer, the Pledge of Allegiance, and the Star Spangled Banner sung by the attendants in the crowded stands.

A pleasant lunch for all eleven of us followed, where we were mesmerized by the little ones, so smart, funny and cute. From what their parents say, every day is a circus!

No comments:

Post a Comment