Monday, March 4, 2019

Psalm 68:6

I was feeling particularly lonely and blue the other day and really feeling sorry for myself, living so far away from most of my scattered family. Even though we get to see our six children's families  periodically, distance is always a factor.

Several years ago, most of us lived in relative proximity to each other, then Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf coast where we were pastors of a church. Our church was badly damaged, but over the next couple of years it was restored,  thankfully by many wonderful volunteers from all over the country. By this time, hurricane fatigue had set in and we passed the church on to another pastor.

Meanwhile, our daughter Amy's family moved from our Mississippi area to Georgia, her husband's former home, and daughter Julie's family re-located to Tennessee. Hurricane Rita had recently hit Louisiana where our son Greg's family lived. They moved to Oklahoma, where we eventually joined them.  Our three other sons live scattered in Texas.

Anyway, I think God heard  me and took my lamenting as a wordless prayer, for a few hours later, I got a phone call! It was my grandson, Reid, whom I never hear from in his busy life as a young adult. "Mimi," he said, "I'm going to be in Tulsa next week with Jason Crabb's tour, if you want to come and see me."

Would I! It was music (no pun intended) to  my ears! I hadn't seen this grandson in nearly a year, since our 60th Anniversary celebration! My heart felt so light with the expectation! I thanked God for this  blessing and  opportunity! We had a wonderful evening and so enjoyed being with this kid grown into a mature young man, so handsome, personable and thoughtful to his Mimi and Pa Pa!

The concert was amazing as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment