Friday, March 22, 2019

Kaden

He is walking! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a video of our youngest great-grandson taking his first steps! He recently became a one-year-old and has become quite proficient in crawling up and down stairs, running in his walker, and whirling on the Roomba floor vacuum.

Suddenly it seemed I was seeing a little boy, instead of a baby! Confidently, he manfully took five  steps, to my gleeful amazement.  I'm sure he will even be running by the time I get to see him again, living far away as I do.

He likes books, and I was able to get him a couple of sturdy baby books at Christmas time when we visited there. Then for his birthday, we sent him a cute little book with the title and story line of "Kiss Me!" He may be too interested in walking for anything else for a while.

The Bible is full of verses on walking. Ephesians 5:1 says, "Therefore be imitators of  God as dear children.  And walk in love, as Christ has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savor." I think of how sweet-smelling he is fresh from a bath, and walking in love from his family.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight,"  2 Corinthians 5:7. A baby may not realize it, but when he starts to walk, it has to be by faith. He plunges on, determined, though he may fall, but as the Bible says, He will not be utterly cast down!

My daughter says her first grandchild likes to go to the grocery store. He is entertained by getting out of the house and riding in the shopping cart, especially when he gets a free cookie from the bakery department to munch on. He may not be walking, but to him, this is quite a ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment