Friday, March 2, 2018

Wash Day

Today I decided to hand wash a few items. The tags on the clothing gave clues as to how to care for the garments. One said, Lay flat to dry. I put it on the trampoline. The next advised: Line dry. Check. I found some clothes pins and watched the dress dance in the March wind. One went in the washing machine, and I read, Gentle Cycle. Tumble dry on low.

I followed the directions and everything came out fresh and sweet smelling! The laundry task made me think of people and their personalities. Some folks are sensitive and need the gentle cycle. They make take something wrong and think it applies to them. Their feelings may be easily hurt. Be gentle! The apostle Peter said in chapter 3, verse 8, of his epistle, "Finally, be of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous." He was speaking of husbands and wives here, but it applies to all.

Line dry. Have you ever felt you've been hung out to dry? Abandoned by someone? Just when you needed them most? Jesus says, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." He is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. In Psalm 27:10, David gives the assurance that "When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up."

Press with cool iron if needed. That wisdom was on one of the tags. Cool iron? How could that remove wrinkles? But the warmth of the hand of Jesus can smooth out our wrinkles of fear and worry. Once at church while praying for a need, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I wasn't standing near anyone except my husband, and his hands were at his sides. I looked around and no one was there, but I'm sure I felt the warmth of His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment