Monday, March 26, 2018

Connection!

"Where is my computer cord?" I asked in dismay when I picked up my lap-top. I always kept the cord plugged in at the same place, next to my favorite, overstuffed lounge chair. It wasn't there! I checked all the other possible places--dining table, desk, and den sofa. It was no where, and my computer needed to be charged!

Then a thought struck me. We'd had a cleaning lady that day! What with her pulling out and dusting under and behind furniture, she probably unplugged the cord and put it somewhere! Even though it was getting late, I decided to call her. She knew nothing about it! She did direct me to the only cord she had picked up and placed on the kitchen counter. My heart leaped as I headed for the kitchen. False alarm. Not the same one.

I went to bed disgruntled and dreading to pay for a new cord. Finally going to sleep, I didn't think of the computer cord until we were finishing Sunday lunch and I bemoaned the fact that it was gone.

"Well, I know you put your computer in that drawer," grandson Adam mused sympathetically, speaking of a little roll top desk where I stick things sometimes. What? A light came on! I jumped up from the table. In my muddled state of mind, I hadn't even thought of looking where I might have placed it while "cleaning up for the cleaning lady!" Yanking the drawer open, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the cord lying there! My power cord!

On reflection, I thought about how prayer and our relationship with God is our power cord! Our battery runs down when we have become disconnected for any length of time!

Luke 18:1 reads of Jesus, "And he spoke a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint." He stresses persistence in prayer, giving the illustration of the unjust judge who granted the need of a persistent widow.

Don't neglect your "power cord" to Heaven!



No comments:

Post a Comment