Thursday, March 8, 2018

Heartthoughts: Covered!

Oh, no! I felt sick! Since we are trying to sell our house, we've been freshening it up to its best advantage. The floors looked a little dull, so I purchased floor cleaner/polish and applied it. It looked great! The floors glistened and brightened the whole house!

There were other areas calling for attention, and my husband got the idea to rinse paint brushes in the bathtub. By the time I discovered it, the tub was (almost) hopelessly stained! He'd also left a mop draining in the tub. I managed to scrub the bathtub clean with a lot of elbow grease and scouring pad.

I moved the heavy string mop, but I disdained wringing it, so I carried it to the kitchen. But a workman was in there, so I took the mop through the house to the porch. Looking behind me, I saw it had left a trail of drips, but I supposed they would dry soon. Imagine my chagrin when a little later I saw my path was dotted with white spots! Bleach! I hadn't known it was in the mop!

What to do? I was almost crying! Maybe I could go over the spots with the floor polish. Oh Lord, I prayed, let it work! It did! The spots were covered perfectly and everything looked as good as new! Thank you, Jesus!

I couldn't help thinking of the comparison to sin that is blotted out and forgiven when the blood of Jesus is applied to our repentant lives!

The Bible says, "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin," I John 1:7. "If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness," I John 1:9.

No comments:

Post a Comment