Monday, March 1, 2021

Running the Race

 When our granddaughter, Rachel, was in high school, she loved to run. She came in one day to tell her mother that she was the only one who had improved on their personal record!

She was more thrilled about beating her previous best by several minutes (or seconds, maybe) than anything else "And the track coach asked me to run track!" she announced proudly.
Psalm 119:32 says, "I will run the course of Your commandments, For you shall enlarge my heart."
I think of my husband, Howard, who left us, unbelievably, six months ago! As it says in 2 Timothy 4:7, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Finally there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge will give to me on that Day, and not to me only, but also to all who have loved His appearing."
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment