Friday, March 12, 2021

As Easy As Falling Off A Log!

 As Easy As Falling Off A Log!

Well, with seven brothers, I managed to get into some scrapes along the way. I remember riding on a log in a flood-swollen creek with my 8-year-old brother. Suddenly, I slipped off the log to find my eyes blurred with yellow water and my long, blonde hair being yanked to the surface and put back on the log!
I told this story several years ago to a friend sitting next to me in the church pew. (It all started when the pastor was giving an account of saving his brother from drowning in a pond, having been forbidden by their parents to go there.)
My seat mate related that she had had that near-drowning experience as a child. She, too had fallen off a log in a pond where some older kids were swimming.
The only difference was that her whole life flashed before her eyes before she was pulled up! I can't imagine a vision like that, but obviously the brain has incredible power. Perhaps near-death experiences are given a moment in time to repent and be saved! God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment