Thursday, February 27, 2020

Ups and Downs!

I was on a roll this morning! Fixin's for a good lunch of chicken gumbo on the stove, and then the bright idea to make a lemon meringue pie!

I had a couple of lemons on hand, a pie crust, and plenty of eggs for the pie and topping. Getting organized, I sat down at the table to squeeze the juice from the lemons. They were very juicy and their pungent scent made my mouth water.  Finished squeezing, I was carrying the juice to the counter when I dropped the bowl! The kitchen was engulfed in a cloud of lemony fragrance! So much for the pie!

Settling my nerves while the gumbo bubbled, I sat down at the computer. Looking at vignettes of cute kids' activities and videos I wanted to share, I was disheartened that my computer was not audible! No sound came out no matter what I did! My phone was the same way.  This was not turning out to be my day! Giving up on the computer, I had to admit that lunch was delicious, however.

Still frustrated, I thought of the feature on my phone that gives all kinds of information, and searched it. Sure enough, several helps were given, but none uncomplicated enough for me. Disconsolately glancing down at my keyboard I noticed tiny buttons with a speaker motif. Pushing one of them I couldn't believe it when the sound came on! I was back among the living!

The only thing still hanging over our heads now is the disappearance of Howard's spare car key! No amount of searching or contacting lost and found possibilities have been successful. It's discovery will be the key to family harmony!

No comments:

Post a Comment