Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Soul Food

"What is that stuff!" I exclaimed after taking a portion of a dish at a potluck recently, as stringy, weed-like green things clung to my fork. I had thought I was getting green bean casserole! When I got to the table, I realized it must be spinach casserole, though I had never seen any before.

To my surprise, it was delicious! I couldn't wait to get home and look up the recipe so I could make some myself! "This is so good!" I had to admit.

(I remember a time as a teenager when I was blessed at the altar during a time of worship and exclaimed, "It's so good! It's so good!")

Psalm 34:8 says, says: "O taste and see that that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him."

We have a "recipe" for salvation. It's in the Bible. "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13.

Who can forget the promise of John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

The recipes I found for Spinach Casserole had a few unusual ingredients, such as nutmeg, cottage cheese, croutons, garlic and other aromatic additions.

II Corinthians 2:15 reads, "For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish." The best fragrance of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment