Monday, September 10, 2018

A Good Read!

Last night Howard and I were watching old editions of the 700 Club, and the story of Don Piper, author of the book, 90 Minutes in Heaven, came on. If I had seen it before, I didn't remember it and found it fascinating, although of course I had heard about his testimony.

"I've never read the book," I said to Howard after we had turned off the TV. "I wonder if we have it in one of our bookcases?"I mused, to which he said, "No. We don't have it. I've never seen it."

"I'm going to go look," I said, heading into his darkened "office," where we keep a lot of books (although we had dispensed of many in our recent move). Grabbing my glasses and bending down to look, my hand first touched the binding of a slim book which looked new. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the title, 90 Minutes in Heaven, by Don Piper!

God must have wanted me to read it! I concluded, and read the first page. It was so interesting I read the first three chapters aloud to my husband! They were amazing accounts of his seeing loved ones and friends who greeted him in heaven, the celestial music, and the overwhelming love and acceptance he felt.

One thing he mentioned was that everyone looked better in heaven! They were recognizable, but any scar, disfiguring, wrinkles or anything of the sort was not there. One relative he remembered as slumped and crooked stood straight and tall. And no one appeared over-weight or too thin. All were perfect!

Paul writes in I Corinthians 13:12, " For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as I am also known."

Also he writes in Philippians 20-21, "For our conversation (citizenship) is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself."

I can't wait to read the rest of the book about Piper's recovery, but it was surely miraculous!







No comments:

Post a Comment