Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Bazillions!

"I have to go over to my mom's house tonight; she has a bazillion students over," my grandson told me one day, to which I said, "A bazillion! That's a lot of kids!" He said something inaudible and walked off.

The next day, I asked him how the visit went and how many students were there. "Just one," he replied nonchalantly.

"Just one?" I exclaimed in surprise. "When you said a bazillion, I thought there would be a lot!"

"I didn't say "bazillion," he replied, "I said a Brazilian! She's from Brazil!"

The exchange student came out yesterday with my granddaughter. They went to the pond to go fishing, then they had fun watching the antics of the baby goats. The teenager told us she speaks English and Portuguese, their native language. She was pleasant and enjoying high-school here, but a little homesick.

We didn't get to talk about her faith, but I'm sure that as she goes to church here she will learn a lot. There's more than one way to be a missionary!

Jesus tells us to go into all the world and preach the gospel. In these times, it seems as if all the world comes to us. Not only to us, but to other nations as well, with the message of salvation. With the internet alone, millions are reached with the good news of Christ. Not just millions, but bazillions!

No comments:

Post a Comment