Saturday, July 25, 2015

God is in the Details!

We had met our son at the restaurant on his invitation to supper.  First thing I saw when I opened the menu was a luscious-looking slice of lemon meringue pie.  "Oh, look at that pie!" I exclaimed.

After a great meal, Greg told the waitress he wanted pie and to slice it in three pieces!  He ordered lemon meringue, and the tiny smidgens we got were delicious--tall meringue sweetly topping the tart, gelled, yellow filling. Then Greg had to leave prematurely for something he had to pick up.

"I would like some more pie," I said in a conspiratorial whisper to my husband.  Howard agreed and glanced around for the waitress.  I saw the manager standing idly at the counter and suggested he ask him.  He brought a generous half-slice on a separate dish for both of us.  My coffee-loving spouse said coffee would taste good, and I reminded him it was like $2.50.  He spoke to the manager again, asking for one cup of coffee.

A steaming mug was set on the table, along with the pot for extras.  When we went to pay for the pie and coffee, the man wouldn't take any money, only saying, "No charge"!  How sweet for him to bless us this way!

I awoke pre-dawn this morning, and the LCD light on the front of our air-conditioner kept me from getting back to sleep. Tossing and turning, I tried to ignore it, thinking, If I just had something to put over that light.  It would have to be small, maybe something to slip into the space over the temperature gauge.  I put out my hand to the bedside table and felt something small.  Clicking on the light, I saw it was a cardboard packet holding new shoe laces.  I had never seen it before. It fit exactly!  Thank you, Lord!

My husband and I have discovered some fascinating videos of Rabbi Jonathan Cahn, author of The Harbinger, on YouTube. We have been viewing them almost every evening, and learning so much from this incredibly wise man of God!  His new book, The Mystery of the Shemitah, is described by publishers as The 3,000-Year-Old Mystery That Holds the Secret of America's Future, the World's Future, and Your Future!

I didn't realize that the Roman Coliseum was built from the funds from the sacking of God's temple in 70 AD!  Rabbi Cahn also explains the true meaning and history of Hanukkah!  It is not just a Jewish Christmas! We also watched his moving address to Congress and leaders on Capitol Hill.  They applauded his sermon glorifying Jesus!

I had watched some of these segments on my computer, but our old TV was not equipped for YouTube. Thanks to our generous son who surprised us with a new set, we can now view them on a bigger screen! Another one of God's blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment