Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Spring Tonic

Why stay in the house and be uninspired on yet another snow day?  How much more fun to sit in McDonald's and have the place practically to ourselves, sitting on the curved seating at a round table in front of flat-screen wall TVs with the latest news and weather?  Weather we could watch out the plate glass windows in a panoramic view of almost-horizontal, north-wind-driven snow? Besides that, the burger and fries lunch was good in the bright, cheery setting, and the apple pies were tasty!

"Ma'am, did you mean to leave your purse over there?" a man asked over my shoulder.  We had moved from a booth to our present seat, and sure enough, there was my purse behind me!

"Oh, thank you!" I exclaimed as he handed it to me.  He must have been the only other customer, and as he left I saw a Dish-TV logos on his shirt. "You have done your good deed for the day!" I called after him.  Thank God for nice people!

The snow was letting up, and Howard said he wasn't ready to go home yet, so we opted to browse in Hobby Lobby.  Talk about inspiring!  Spring was bursting out all over inside with Easter decor in full bloom!  I went one way, taking my time, filling my senses with the colors, novelty, and delight of imaginative merchandise in the all-enveloping background of soft, sweet hymns while my husband headed to office supplies.

I marveled at, deliberated over and considered any number of items, from lovely ceramics, to wall art, to furniture and musical greeting cards before my interest waned and I grew tired.  I found Howard still in office supplies, but he guided me to some things that had caught his eye in the decor area: Filling station signs, a decorative tractor that could be the twin of the one in our son's farm pasture, and a molded acrylic cowboy holding what I thought was a miniature rolling pin.  "Is he a chuck-wagon cook?" I asked, then I laughed when he pointed out it was a bathroom tissue holder!

I still hadn't bought anything, but I selected a miniature Easter display of tiny eggs and flowers in a rustic pail at 40% off. Then I saw a sign that read, 90% off!  A beautiful brocade, fringed pillow that would look perfect on my brown leather sofa!  There were two, but I just took one.  Now I realize two would be better, so I may go back for the other one.  The frigid wind that took our breath away as we stepped outside made us glad to hurry back to our cozy home, so welcoming and pleasant viewed from a new perspective that getting out of the house is sure to bring!


No comments:

Post a Comment