Saturday, March 21, 2015

Song in my Heart

"I am blessed, I am blessed, every day that I live, I am blessed.  When I wake up in the morning, and  I lay my head to rest, I am blessed, I am blessed."  One of our favorite choruses.

I was singing and humming  it absent-mindedly the other morning, and I heard myself sing, "I am healed, I am healed, every day that I live, I am healed.  When I wake up in the morning, and I lay my head to rest, I am healed, I am healed."

Hm, that sounds good, I thought.  Then the words, "I am loved, I am loved, every day that I live, I am loved.  When  I wake up in the morning, and I lay my head to rest, I am loved, I am loved," came out of my mouth.

This was fun! And encouraging, too! So I went on: "I am saved, I am saved, every day that I live, I am saved.  When I wake up in the morning, and I lay my head to rest, I am saved, I am saved!"

"I'm a blessing, I'm a blessing, every day that I live, I'm a blessing.  When I wake up in the morning, and I lay my head to rest, I'm a blessing, I'm a blessing!"  If I believe it, I will be one!

What else?  "I'm content, I'm content, every day that I live, I'm content.  When I wake up in the morning, and I lay my head to rest, I'm content, I'm content."

Positive confession is good for the soul, so I added, "I am glad, I am glad, every day that I live, I am glad.  When I wake up in the morning, and I lay my head to rest, I am glad, I am glad!"

Reinforcing what is true, I sing, "I'm forgiven, I'm forgiven, every day that I live, I'm forgiven.  When I wake up in the morning, and I lay my head to rest, I'm forgiven, I'm forgiven."

"Howard, I wrote a new song!" I called to my husband.  He made me sing it for him, then he set about adding verses, strumming it on the guitar as we sang, "I am thankful," "I am His," "I am rich," "I'm satisfied," "I am happy," and many more verses.

We felt positively uplifted!  We plan to sing it with the senior's group, and even at a nursing home service.  Try it, and add your own verses to magnify the Lord.  You'll like it, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment