Saturday, February 1, 2014

Who Knew?

"What do you want to do about lunch?" I asked my husband when I met him at McDonald's after my hair appointment.  He'd been relaxing with a cup of coffee, but he assured me he hadn't eaten anything.

"Do we have any leftovers?" he asked hopefully.  We didn't, so the perpetual back and forth about where to eat began. It's a tough choice, since I usually can't taste much, therefore no place pleases me, and the places I do pick, he doesn't like, and vice-versa.

Just then the phone rang, and a little voice said, "Grandpa, would you and Mimi like to eat lunch with us?"  What timing!  He agreed, and she said, "12:00 o'clock!"  We would be there, for home cooking, the only kind I really enjoy.  Thank you, Lord, for such a surprise.

Our son in Houston had lost his wallet, and it had been missing for a few days.  I asked him if he had cancelled all his cards, and he said he hadn't, for he knew he had had it last at home.  I suspected that their four-year-old daughter had lost it, for she is fascinated by the cards, license, and photos in it.  She has been allowed to explore it under her father's watchful eye, but she has been known to playfully take it out of his pocket.

I was about to despair that he would find it in their three-story house, but today he announced the glad news that it was found.  Maddie, their youngest daughter, had told him, "I don't remember where I hided it."  It was found in the baby's diaper stacker that hung on his crib in the room where she likes to hide.  Again, thank you, Lord, for the surprise ending!

Tonight my husband sang at a Saturday night gospel singing, to which he had invited another of our sons and a couple of others to sing with him. He wasn't sure if they all could make it, but they showed up and it turned out well.  After their portion of the program, our son picked up his mandolin and was preparing to leave when he stopped by my table and exclaimed exuberantly, "Mom, if Dad hadn't asked me to help him tonight, I would never have opened my mandolin case and found my lost $500 glasses! Now I can see!"  God loves to surprise us!

No comments:

Post a Comment