Thursday, July 28, 2011

That's Life!

The Bible says that it's the little foxes that spoil the vines. Well, I've had my share of "little foxes" lately in the form of irritating small (some not so small) health maladys. Back in late April, as I was looking forward to going to Tennesee to our granddaughter's wedding, I came down with a stomach upset. When it had passed, I was left with a souvenir: a fever blister. And this wasn't just a fever blister, it was the mother of all cold sores. Just as it would begin to clear up, I would bump it or otherwise dislodge the healing scab, and it would ooze and start a new build-up. On top of the old scab. Talk about disfiguring! And we were looking for a new church home at the time, meeting a lot of new people. (I didn't know whether to be relieved or sorry that I didn't know anyone and they didn't know me.)

Thankfully, my lip had healed and looked (close to) normal for the wedding trip. We were gone for nearly three weeks, fitting in time to visit other family members who lived at a distance. Unfortunately for me, most of the guest rooms were upstairs, and between that and the stairs at the church and sightseeing attractions, I overused my left knee and developed painful bursitis, which I have been dealing with all summer.

Shortly thereafter, I developed severe laryngtis and wasn't able to speak above a whisper, which was only the harbinger of two weeks of malaise from bronchitis. Next, a small cut appeared under one of my toes, which I medicated and bandaged, but instead of healing, it calloused over and stayed sore, only healing just recently.

But the crowning blow was this week, when I accidentally jabbed my eye with a mascara wand! Now I'm bleary eyed from eye drops, having worn a patch over it to match my pirate's leg knee splint!

Now my computer has multiple viruses and disabilities and is threatening to shut down at any moment. I may have to get a new one, or maybe it can be repaired like my woes. Thank God, in Heaven we'll have new bodies in good working order, and we won't need finicky computers, for knowledge will be universal and all things earthly outmoded! What a Day that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment