Sunday, January 12, 2020

The Unexpected

My daughter, Julie, the crafts expert, made some beautiful, molded soaps for Christmas presents. She had given me some previously, but I had used them to the point of little pieces. This morning I decided to try out one of the pretty designer soaps she had created for me.

All was well, until a fizzy sound got my attention in the tub. Suddenly I was engulfed  in mauve fizzes and bubbles as the water turned a colorful hue while the beautiful soap disintegrated into a miniature volcano spew!

Now I know what her little 4-year-old granddaughter experienced when she bathed and watched the soap spin around. It was delicious fun for her, until she screamed and tried to escape! Her innovative Mimi had enclosed a tiny toy inside the bath bomb! Not just any toy, but a tiny plastic frog that would jump when a tab was pressed! All her other grands thought their surprise toy was fun, but not this girl! She quickly sprang from the tub in terror!

Well, my experience wasn't that bad, just a little surprising. Actually, it was fun! How often does life surprise us! Our son, Trevor, has been getting a kick out of supplying us with coffee. He knows how much we enjoy it, and has sent us several packages lately.

Yesterday, though, he called and asked again if we had received the latest shipment of the tasty brew. No, I told him, but he insisted it should have been delivered days ago. After calling the shipping company, he was told they had delivered it at 10:30 a.m. three days ago! I was getting a little muddled about what came when, and went outside to look again for any package I had missed.

Nothing. But as I started back into the house, I noticed a box tucked in a corner, previously hidden by the air conditioner! I lost no time in calling Trevor and thanking him for the coffee, which is my husband's favorite brand.

Sometimes gifts take an unexpected turn and can be a little unpredictable. I was so relieved last night at a grandson's birthday party...he actually loved the presents we gave him! How thankful we are when God supplies our needs and desires, and sometimes even surprises us!

No comments:

Post a Comment