Thursday, January 9, 2020

Surprise Gift!

"You have a package at the door," our granddaughter's hubby announced, as he came over on an errand.

 "Oh, it's probably coffee," I remarked, since Howard and I were engrossed in a TV program. Our sweet son in Texas had surprised us with loads of packages of coffee lately. After a few minutes, I figured I'd better go see what the package was.

"Well, this can't be coffee," I said to myself when I saw the large, square flat box, marked FRAGILE.  I took it into the den for Howard to open. What a lovely surprise met our eyes when we saw a wonderful, framed photograph of son Trevor's family! There was daughter-in-law, Jennifer, standing between Trevor and our two young adult grandsons!

Everyone looked so handsome and beautiful posed in front of a huge fireplace in their favorite special occasion restaurant!

"It was supposed to be a Christmas present," Trevor said when I called to thank him, "but it wasn't ready in time."

Well, nothing could have pleased us more!  I have many cherished portraits of our children and grandchildren, but they are not recent; in fact, they are all from younger ages. I lost no time in finding the perfect place for the  framed picture, where it fits in beautifully in our decor.

As far as I know, there was never a picture of Jesus. We see paintings and images of Him, but there are no photographs. His life on the earth told the picture of Him.  Isaiah 53:2 portrays Him in a description: "For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him."

I used to have a picture I loved of an artist's rendition called "Jesus Laughing." The Bible does say He was anointed with joy above His fellows, Psalm 45:7.

As much as I enjoyed Christmas presents from loved ones, none compare with the Gift we were given on that Bethlehem night so long ago. Let us bear the reflection of Christ in our lives as we remember that starry Christmas night and picture with appreciation all the blessings He has bestowed upon us!   













No comments:

Post a Comment