Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Keeping Track

"Would you like to go with us for a girls' night out?" my oldest granddaughter, Bethany, asked, saying that her mom and sisters would be going, too. Of course! Who could resist an invitation like that? Plans were that after a nice restaurant dinner, we would take in the current movie, "Little Women."

Cheery talk and lots of laughter reigned at our yummy supper table, and even though I couldn't always keep up with my granddaughters' chatter, I managed to get a word in edge-wise once in a while.

I had been upset that day, because my phone, my life line, had breathed its last! Preparations for a new phone was underway, but it would be a few days before we were on line again. The outing took my mind off my loss, and we planned to get a temporary one the next day.

The movie started in glorious color and atmosphere that I remembered from seeing "Little Women" many years ago. However, except for short segments in the beginning, the presentation became increasingly boring. After sitting through half the show, Bethany nudged me and asked if I wanted to leave. All those in our car opted to cut it short and go home. I haven't heard how the ending was from those who stayed on, but our warm conversations in the car on the way home was better than a movie!

Reflecting on my disconnect from contacts (all were lost when my phone died), I gratefully thought of how we can always have communication with the Lord.  The Bible tells us He is not far from any of us: Acts 17:27. "That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us."

 Psalm 46:1, assures us, "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in time of trouble." Under the weather today, I waited in the car while my husband went into a convenience store to get me some medication.  That is to say, I waited and waited and waited. What could be taking him so long! Finally, he came out grinning, saying, "I didn't know they had track phones!" He had bought one, saving us from going all the way to town to purchase one! I had to agree with the wisdom of Psalm 46:1!






No comments:

Post a Comment