Saturday, June 15, 2019

Lost and Found!

For over a month, I have not been able to post on Heartthoughts! I could only use an old blog site, which I did a few times. But thanks to my computer savvy grandson, Adam, he saved the day and here I am!

Now what to write about! Well, it's Howard's 81st birthday, and the family is  preparing a big cook-out for lunch! I jumped the gun and made him a preliminary cake yesterday, but being a lemon pound cake, it was gone in short order. Today we're doing a sugar-free cake, which should be delicious.

We are so excited for our granddaughter, Allison's, wedding next week! What fun we had recently at her Bridal Tea.  Games were played, and bathroom tissue brides were created. Some really skillful ladies, one being the groom's mom, wrapped and decorated me, so good that I won the prize! I won another word game, too!

Besides enjoying the coming ceremony and reception is the anticipation of seeing kids and grand kids coming from  far and wide to enjoy this happy occasion!  Another granddaughter, Corrin, is getting married in October. She has been planning for weeks, if not months, for the big event. We can't wait, and we are contemplating transportation possibilities for this Georgia wedding!

June has always been a busy month for us. Not only is it Howard's birthday,  but Father's Day, our anniversary on the 20th, and my birthday on the 27th!  Our local kids surprised us this morning with a new computer for both our birthdays! We have never had a desk-top before, and it is wonderful!

Howard has been enjoying reading all the birthday wishes from so many friends today! Such warm regards from former neighbors, church friends of past and present, and phone calls from family. Friends are friends forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment