Sunday, June 16, 2019

Sunday Surprise!

I couldn't believe my eyes! My husband had placed a lone chicken in the duck pen with the two ducks in hopes it would make the ducks feel at home. They had done nothing but stare longingly at the chicken pen for the past two weeks!

Looking out the kitchen window as I washed the supper dishes, I watched in exasperation when I saw the ducks happily swimming and splashing as if showing off for the chicken! A ramp had even been placed onto the kiddy pool to entice them to go for a splash. which they had viewed with disdain until now!

I didn't know there was such a thing as duck psychology, but apparently there is! I love and appreciate animals, but nothing like Howard does! He has utter patience with them, while I throw up my hands in despair when something happens like it did today!

We had come home from having a Father's Day meal, and found that the goats were out! Again!  I wasn't too concerned until I came up to the front porch. My plants! My beautiful, tall, tree-like plants had been shredded! The  pots were spilled with dirt all over the porch, and what was left of one of the decorative plants lay stripped and ragged!

It wouldn't  have been so bad, but we are expecting company in a few days as family members come for our granddaughter's wedding! Well, my spouse has promised to replace the greenery, so I guess I'll live.  But it really does get my goat!

No comments:

Post a Comment