Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Rewards

BRRING, went the phone yesterday. I picked it up and heard a familiar voice. "Mimi, this is Reid!" Oh, my grandson, whom I don't hear from very often.

"I just wanted you and PaPa to know that I'm going to be on TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network)! We're flying out tomorrow!"

Well, I knew he travels with the Christian artist, Jason Crabb, but I had never seen Reid on TV.

"I'm playing the guitar for Jason's song!" he explained.  I joined him in his enthusiasm and was so glad that he was getting to use his gift that he has honed to perfection.

Although we don't get the channel he will be on, I've always loved TBN, a Christian station in California founded by the late Paul and Jan Crouch, now overseen by their son, Matt. Reid said the program would be on video to be shown later. Maybe by that time, I'll get to see it!

I couldn't help but think how blessed we are with our remarkable grandchildren! They all love the Lord and are fine upstanding people! All 20 of them! 

It's amazing how God works. Reid's parents did not want him to  go to a secular college, so he enrolled in Lee University in Tennessee where he made outstanding Christian friends. It was through these friends that he met and joined Jason Crabb's ministry. 

And it was there that his sister, Corrin, who followed in his footsteps, met her intended and will be married in October!

This week-end, we will be going to the wedding of our granddaughter Allison, who is a school teacher. We will get to see children and grandchildren living far away who are coming to the wedding. 

Jesus apparently loved weddings. so I'm sure he will be pleased!  Wish you were here, Reid!

No comments:

Post a Comment