Thursday, May 2, 2019

Lunch Munch

"Would you like anything else?" the friendly waitress inquired, as we dawdled at the table chatting with friends who had spotted us and came to say hello.

"Well, you could bring  us some  pie," my affable husband joked, to which she said, "What kind? I'll bring you some!" Going along with it, Howard said, "Apple," but I chimed in  "Cherry!"

Sure enough, she came back in a few minutes with four individual cherry pies, at no charge! Remembering his sugar problem, Howard declined to indulge. Mine tasted so good--the flaky crust, the sweet, yummy cherries--that I offered to eat the extra pie! (Later, I thought of the saying, "I can't believe I ate the whole thing!")

Red light! I woke up in the night with the stomach ache of my life! I paid for pigging out! It still hurts a little this morning!

I am reminded of the scripture in Philippians 4:4, where Paul says, "Rejoice in the Lord, always: and again I say, Rejoice! Let your moderation be known to all  men. The Lord is at hand."

A verse in Proverbs 25:26-28 says it is not good  to eat too much honey, and goes on to say "Like a city whose walls are broken through is a person who lacks self-control."

Lesson learned!

P.S. I was reminded of a lady preacher in Mississippi who said one day she made a pie and treated herself to a slice. It was so good, she had another piece. Then she thought about her family finding out she had eaten two pieces, and not knowing how to get out of her dilemma, she just went ahead and ate the whole pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment