Saturday, April 27, 2019

Testimony!

 At the close of the Bible Study at the  home of friends a couple of nights ago, my husband spoke up that he would like prayer. Howard had been to the doctor recently, and they were not pleased with his readings on  his A-1C report, a review of his diabetes history for the last 3 months. It was concerning him, especially that his blood sugar was ranging too high, about 240.

All gathered around  and prayed for him, and others asked for prayer, too, including myself! (I was having a painful stiffness in my neck and general  malaise that was afflicting me.)  We all felt the Lord's presence!

The next morning, Howard, having arisen early, called out to me: "Guess what my blood sugar was when  I got up this morning!" I was shocked when he said it was 112!  That was good news! We praised God for answered prayer!

Then today, his reading was down to 90! Even after the hearty supper I made last night! I had been talking with my daughter, Julie, and and she advised us to eat greens. She swears that they will fix what ails you.  So I cooked a big mess of collard greens, cornbread, and even fried potatoes with a side of green onions! (Everything was delicious, if I do say so myself.)

I am feeling better, too, and my neck doesn't hurt anymore. Thank you, God, for your healing power, and for faith-filled friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment