Tuesday, November 12, 2019

The Visit

"Oh, I hope they bring Kaden with them," I said after my daughter and son-in-law, Amy and Shannon, said they were coming  from Georgia to see us. Their little grandson, 20 months, is growing so fast I couldn't wait to get hold of him!

Shy, with hair neatly combed and meticulously dressed, he came in on his Pa-Pa's arm, into my arms! Shyness disappeared with Kaden exploring every thing in the house.  After they left, I saw the upturned waste-basket, the pulled-off sofa throw, the forgotten toy football (he called it "foo-bah"), his small box of miniature cookies, and a little toy truck lying on its side on the coffee table.

Glancing at the globe on a stand, I could just see him spinning that around, that is until he got tired of twanging on Howard's guitar in a partially open guitar case. They said he loves music!

Later, Kaden got to explore his cousins' play room, where he was entranced over a toy kitchen, rolling a tiny truck on the descending track of a curvy ride and whatever else caught his attention. In fact, he was so fascinated by the toys, he paid little attention to the other kids! The little girls were happy to kiss him, though.

Talking to Amy today, she had me click on some videos made when they got home. I saw the little adventurer grinning from a ride on a real motorcycle with a family friend! He loves sitting on the 4-wheeler, too. This boy loves action!

I can't imagine what K-K (as we call him) would do if he saw the snow we are favored with today! All boy that he is, he no doubt would touch and feel it, get cold and then come in for a warm hug in a warm house with a warm welcome from his Mimi!

No comments:

Post a Comment