Monday, October 7, 2019

Raindrops!

Rain! What a joyful surprise when I looked out the door last night and saw that it was raining! It has been unaccustomedly dry here in Tennessee for some time. Instead of the beautiful fall foliage we have been looking forward to, much of the the landscape is dotted with trees covered with dead leaves. Hopefully we will see some color yet!

It felt like the rain of the Holy Spirit in church yesterday. The song, "I will pray like David prayed" was enthusiastically sung by the congregation, then, "I will sing like David sang" then finally, "I will dance like David danced."

It was quite moving, and at the end of the song service, Pastor had the verse "I will dance like David danced," repeated and began to dance joyfully himself! On and on, in graceful worship, the minister moved. As we sang, the Holy Spirit was obviously present, and I felt my feet begin to sway and move under the presence of the Lord!  What a refreshing service!

I love the song, "It's Beginning to Rain" that we used to sing at a previous church. One of the stanzas was, "It's beginning to rain,  rain, rain, hear the voice of the Father, saying, "Whosoever will come drink of this water;  He's pouring His spirit out on your sons and your daughters; If you're thirsty and dry, Look up to the sky, It's beginning to rain."

Later, at a family worship service at home following the Sunday meal, the  great-grand children all joined in the singing and praising as the Holy Spirit was still evident among us. Welcome, rain!



No comments:

Post a Comment