Monday, July 15, 2019

Sleep Walking

Last night I woke up to hear my husband saying he needed a drink of water. I staggered out of bed and brought him a glass of water. "Here is your water," I said, to which he said, "Huh?" groggily coming out of sleep.

"You said you wanted water, so  here it is," I said, offering it to him, when poof! the water evaporated in my hand! Howard was asleep, and then I realized it was a dream!

Dreams can be mysterious, comforting or crazy! There are many references to dreams in the Bible. I like the scripture in Psalm 126:1-3:

When the Lord restored the captives of Zion, we were like those who dream. Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing. Then they said among the nations, "The Lord has done great things for them." The Lord has done great things for us; we are glad.

We are familiar with the dreams Joseph had in protecting baby Jesus.  Matthew 2:13: Now when they departed, the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, "Arise, take the young Child and His mother, and escape to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word. For Herod will seek the young Child to kill Him."

Then in Matthew 2:19, we find: But when Herod was dead, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, saying, "Arise, take the young Child and His mother, and go to the land of Israel, for those who sought the young Child's life are dead."

The Bible says in Acts 2:17, "In the last days it shall be,' says God, 'that I will pour out My Spirit on all people; your sons and your daughters shall prophecy, your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams."

It doesn't say old women, but still! Sweet dreams, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment