Sunday, July 21, 2019

Reflections

Things I never knew about my husband:

 At age 12, he was the janitor of his church. Sweeping, mopping classrooms and sanctuary and cleaning restrooms.

At age 13, he was the song leader at his church.

During these years, he played the main wise man in Christmas plays, memorizing endless lines of script.

At age 14, he accompanied the church pianist with his guitar and was on the worship team.

No wonder I fell in love with him when he was 15! When he came into our church, I was smitten.

Things I did learn about him as a teenager:

In the contributions received each Wednesday night for the Friday radio program, he always gave the last dollar.

After the service when we as teens wanted to go get a coke, we had to wait until he was finished praying at the altar.

Here, too, he often led the song service.

Later, I learned he was a good example for our six children who were also brought up in church!

No comments:

Post a Comment