Wednesday, February 6, 2019

The Right Fit!

What was wrong with this pullover shirt I put on! It felt tight and the neck was uncomfortable. Turning the neckline, I saw a printed label on the fabric inside. I had it on backwards! It was so much more comfortable when I turned it around!

I was reminded of when our youngest child, Jamie, was little. He was learning to dress himself and refused help in putting on his shirt. He was upset and frustrated when he saw it was on inside out. He peeled it off, and it righted itself in the process. He smiled triumphantly when he saw it went on properly.

Do you ever feel wrong-side out? Or that things are just going backward in your day? Maybe you have felt like you got up on the wrong side of the bed! Sometimes we feel like that, but the Bible tells us to cast all our care upon Him, for He cares for us!

There is a chorus or old song we used to sing in church that goes like this: I tell you, the best thing I ever did do, Was to take off the old robe and put on the new! The old robe was dirty, all tattered and torn. The new robe was righteous and never been worn. So I tell you the best thing I ever did do, was to take off the old robe and put on the new!"

Isaiah 61:10 says, "I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels."

The best clothing of all!


No comments:

Post a Comment